1. NoseFrida the SnotSucker- Everyone I know swears by the NoseFrida. Unfortunately we had little…shall I say no success with it for Layla. She ended up screaming and crying, producing more snot then she initially had. Most suggest to use it after a bath or with saline drops to soften up those boogies.
2. Crane Drop Shape Cool Mist Humidifier – A humidifier is a must. We have ours on in the nursery every night during the winter months when the weather is dry and the heater is running. If you do not want the humidifier on all the time, make sure to use it when your baby is sick because the humidified air helps your baby breath more comfortably.
3. Braun Ear Thermometer - Another huge must. Most doctors (including myself) will tell you that a rectal temperature is more accurate so use a rectal thermometer. I used to give this advice only until I had a baby and realized how difficult taking an accurate rectal temperature is. This ear thermometer is a life saver and works instantaneously before your baby has time to get mad at your for sticking something in his ear.
4. Disinfectant Wipes - I like using either Babyganics or Seventh Generation disinfecting wipes around the house all the time, but especially when someone is sick in at home. They clean up those germs without any alcohol in their products.
5. Hand Sanitizer - I keep a bottle of Babyganics Hand Sanitizer on the changing table to use with poopy diapers and always have a small bottle of EO Hand Sanitizer Spray in my diaper bag for when we are on the run. Otherwise I prefer to use good old soap and water to kill those germs at home.